As scary as this thought is, former Board Member Maria Pereira is looking for a comeback.
According to Lennie Grimaldi at Only in Bridgeport, Pereira, along with running mates Ben Walker and Dennis Bradley, announced that they will be running for the Bridgeport Board of Education at a Friday night fundraiser for mayoral candidate Joe Ganim.
This is not a wholly unexpected move for Pereira, who for months had been threatening to campaign against certain BOE members this coming November.
Curiously, Pereira, who in 2009 won her former BOE seat on the Working Families Party line, seems to be seeking the Democratic Town Committee’s official endorsement. According to Grimaldi, Pereira and her fellow running mates have already sent joint letters to 10 Democratic district leaders.
Bridgeport attorney Dennis Bradley is fairly new to BOE politics, however back in fall, Greenwich teacher Ben Walker was a contender for the vacant seat Jon Bagley left when he mysteriously resigned.
It’s safe to assume that Pereira and her antics are well known by readers of this blog, but just in case you’re new or need a refresher here’s some of the highlights of the past few years:
- Hypocrisy At It’s Finest: Pereira Personally Attacks New Board Members At Meeting
- Parent Groups Call For Unity Is Met With Bigotry
- Pereira Tries to Create Wedge Between BOE And City
- Once Again Maria Pereira Is Threatening City of Bridgeport with Lawsuit
- Pereira Now Out of Love With Another Superintendent
- Maria Pereira Threatens a Charter School Supporter in Public Forum
To comment on this and other stories, please check out the Education Bridgeport! Facebook